how can i delete stored passwords to facebook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dsprimal, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i know this could probably be answered elsewhere, but i just thought i'd give it a shot. my friends have used my mbp and logged onto their facebooks, and now when i logon to my own facebook, it shows their emails in the history. is there a way to delete all stored emails/passwords?

thanks macrumors, i hope you can help me out with this question!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Clear cookies/cache in safari (assuming you're using safari) and check your keychain to see if stored passwords are there.

3. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

I'm assuming you're using Safari.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Autofill (tab) > click 'edit' next to User names and passwords and just remove it from there.

4. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

yeah i was using safari, but then i just downloaded google chrome and i "transferred" history from safari when i booted google chrome up for the 1st time. now i feel like i got myself into a sloppier cookie cleaning process :rolleyes: do i just need to clear out the cookies from safari? or now do i need to do it with chrome as well since i transferred the history from safari over to chrome?

thanks guys! :D

5. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

a matter of fact, i went to the edit username/passwords in the safari preferences and it only had my own email stored....but when i go to facebook and type in the 1st letter of my friends email it still shows up in history...any way to just delete it all? all history of his logins on my mbp? how do i get to my cookies list etc.

thanks guys