How can i do colorful labels in Calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Flat2, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Flat2 macrumors newbie

2. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

I have calendar colors, but I am a MobileMe subscriber and I set the colors at me.com. If your not, maybe set it in iCal then sync with iTunes? (idk I'm a PC user).

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

I believe the different colors represent different calendars. If you create multiple calendars, each will have its own color, then when you view all the calendars you'll see what you see in the picture.

4. Flat2, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

Flat2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, i have a PC. iCal is only for Mac.

Um yeah, but can I make a event and then choose a label for it? I know that I can add multiple on-line Calendars for example from Google, these calendars'll have different colours. But i want to have every event in one calendar, not splitted between multiple calendars.
    The problem is, i need a calendar with specific labels like birthdays, to-do, family, etc. password-locked. I have app AwesomeNote, i think it has almot everything, except calendar with regular events(once a week, etc.). It has a calendar with labels, but without choosing a repetitions for events.
    Hey, what's with the password on calendar?

5. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

I assumed he wanted to pick the colors for each calendar, which i think you can only do with MobileMe

[​IMG]

6. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Like Categories and a Microsoft Outlook Calendar? iPhone only shows colors for different calendars, not different events within the same calendar. Even if you were to create categories for different events in one calendar on outlook and sync with itunes, your iPhone would only show 1 color for all events. It's how apple's iCal works too I thought (instead of categories, separate calendars)

7. Flat2 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

That thread was for a Reminders/ todo list app called NotifyMeCloud. I remember there being a way to SSH into the iphone and change the random colors the iphone assigns to iTunes synced calendars. I cannot remember though.

9. Flat2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Idk why, but eggpick's post has been removed. I have already this post in my browser tab:
    Code:
    The below are the solution I am sharing, and thanks to williamtm.

"The calendar on my iPhone (and on my computer, for that matter) gets very little use. I don’t really do much to warrant using it much, other then a few reminders each week, birthdays, and Library Loans (which is added in by Delicious Library). So, overall, not much. However, I would like to be able to see more birthdays on my phone then the 5 or so that I had added myself, manually. So, how?

After a little bit of Googling, I came across a Facebook application called fbCal. Once you give the app permission, it’ll then present you with a simple screen with a number of choices. From here, you can subscribe to events, download a static copy, or even get an RSS feed. Useful! Getting everything set up is very easy too. To make it easy, you might want to do everything from your iPhone directly.

1) You might have problems actually getting to fbCal, so if you do, try one of the following options:
    • Go into Settings -> Safari on the iPhone, and clear both the cookies and cache.
    • Activate fbCal on your PC, then access it via the iPhone.
    • On either the iPhone or your PC, go to Facebook, and manually search for the application, then add it from the search results.
    To clear the cache and so on for Safari on the iPhone, you’ll need to do this

2) Open Safari, and go to http://www.fbcal.com/create.php

3) This will redirect you to the login page on Facebook. Login with your email address and password, and, when prompted, allow fbCal offline access to your account. This is needed (I think) so that the app can update birthdays and events on your iPhone even when you’re not logged into Facebook. You’ll then be presented with fbCal’s main page.

4) On the fbCal page, set your timezone (which I presume is so that the events show up as the right time – except it didn’t actually work for me), then tap on the iCal icon under events. The iPhone should pop up an alert saying “Subscribe to the calendar fbCal Events?”. We want to do this, so tap on Subscribe. It should then pop up another alert saying it has been added, so tap Done. Now, do the same for the iCal button under “birthdays” on the fbCal page. You don’t have to do both – you can have only events, or only birthdays, it’s up to you.

5a) You should be all set! Go into the Calendar app on the iPhone to check, and you should see events and/or birthdays…

5b) …versus the normal calendar, which has only a handful of events.

6) Finally, if you do change your mind and want to remove the two calendars, it’s simple. Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> and remove the two entries – simply tap each one, and on the next page, hit the big red “Delete Account” button. Also, you can change the “Fetch” settings here – you can set it to only check the server for new entries every 15, 30, or 60 minutes, or just manually, but bear in mind that changing this will also affect any IMAP and POP3 email accounts on the phone (such as Gmail IMAP).

And, that’s it! This’ll also apply to other devices / operating systems too, such as Android, Windows Mobile, etc, and even Outlook, so check it out."
    This is BTW.

Okay, I need a app with reminders and calendar to add regular events like take out the trash, etc. which is the best?