Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I have activated iCloud to transfer a Pages Work to a friend's iPad mini, and due to Apple's stupid iOS version limitations, my iPad 4 with iOS 7 couldn't open my friend's iOS 9 iPad file, because it asked me to update Pages, and as I do not have the latest iOS version, it did not let me update it.
Now I have that arrow on the top of the file, and I cannot delete my iCloud account, nor deactivate Pages in iCloud, because it will delete everything from my iPad (Again, I do not know why...) so, is there a way to remove my iCloud account without having my iPad delete everything I have on Pages? (I have tried copying them, but it will upload them to iCloud too, therefore deleting everything when I try to delete iCloud...
I'll attach screenshots for you to understand.
image.jpg image.jpg
Edit: I have my iPad in Spanish, so I will translate the second picture: 'every document stored in iCloud will be deleted in your iPad'. Is there any way to prevent that?

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
If nobody answered that means it's impossible? I cannot deactivate iCloud?

Mosschops

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2015
If nobody answered that means it's impossible? I cannot deactivate iCloud?
Hi FeliApple

I would use an app like Cloud Indeed or FileBrowser. These enable you to move/copy files between multiple clouds and NAS drives. So for example you could use one of the apps to Move your files to Dropbox or Onedrive and then deactivate iCloud

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.