How can I download an older version of 10.9 Server?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ScottishCaptain, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

Okay, let me be absolutely clear about something: this is not a post about warez, and I'm not asking for a torrent. I have legitimately purchased OS X Server 10.9 in the past and it is currently listed under my Purchases tab in the Mac App Store.

I have a peculiar situation where I need to support a couple of clients running Mac OS X 10.8.5, and therefore Xcode 5.1.1 with the appropriate version of Xcode Server. To do this, apparently I need "OS X Server 3.1.2" since the most recent version (3.2.2) has a hard requirement on Xcode 6 (attempting to use Xcode 5 just results in an error about the version being incorrect).

Problem is... I can't seem to figure out how to download an older version of OS X Server. If I click the download button in the MAS, I just get a copy of 3.2.2. There's nothing to right click on anywhere that I can see and no hidden options that would allow me to specify the version I want. It's not listed under my Macintosh ADC account under "Other Downloads" (apparently all we get are promo codes for the MAS?), and Apple has been rather unhelpful through their online support (they seemed to think that the only version available was for Yosemite, let alone Mavericks or Mountain Lion).

Is there any way to retrieve an older version of Server?

-SC

2. chrfr macrumors 603

No. Any client computers that can run 10.8.5 can run something newer. You'll need to upgrade those.