How can I edit icon's?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bandit8003, Jul 2, 2007.

1. bandit8003 macrumors newbie

Hi, like most people i probably have folders for different purposes on or around my desktop. I have themes but i was wondering, how do i get the base image and edit it then use it as a icon?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

There are a couple of programs out there that will convert images into ICN resources. To make an image first create a 128x128 PNG file.

3. bandit8003 thread starter macrumors newbie

no offense but that isn't the most helpful advise... LoL! what programs can i use? and is there a tutorial to do it?

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

for really simple folder editing, you can use a shareware app called Folder Icon Maker. for converting images to icons, you can use a freeware app called Pic2Icon.

drag a folder "image" into Folder Icon Maker as your template and an icon file after that and play around with the settings to adjust positioning, size, etc.

when you're done, click "Export to file" and choose a name and location. the folder will come out looking kinda rought but it should look normal when you move it to a different location.

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah I could have given more detail but then again this isn't the most difficult problem. I gave you enough information to google and find your answer.

6. SDDave2007 macrumors regular

I have to agree with the OP.... He asked a question.... and the answer was quite lame.... I mean "go look it up"? give me a break!

I spent hours "googling" this subject, and no where did I run across the two programs previously mentioned..... so in my personal opinion, if an honest question is asked, either provide an honest answer, or go on to the next post