How can I edit the photos.app ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nAODI, Oct 16, 2010.

1. nAODI macrumors newbie

I have a China version iPhone 4. It is a little different from other country's iPhone 4.

For some strange reason, there is no "send to MobileMe" function in Photos.app and I want to reactivate it. I think maybe I can edit the .plist file of photos.app. First of all,I should have a look at the .plist file.

Now my device has been jailbroken. But in "/Applications" I can't find photos.app. Where's the "photos.app" ?

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

It should be in /var/mobile/Applications. The folder names will be gibberish - a bunch of numbers and letters. There are two ways to figure out which folder is photos.app - open each one until you find photos.app inside (it's actually called mobileslideshow) or use iFile and check "show application names" in its settings, then it will display the proper names instead of numbers and letters.

3. nAODI thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for ur help. But I can't find photos.app in /var/mobile/applications

Maybe cuz the photos is iPhone's built-in apps.So I can't find it in /var/mobile/applications.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Or maybe because it's not called photos.app, it's called mobileslideshow.app like I said