How can I eliminate glare on the iMac Screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DreamscapeRuins, Jul 14, 2011.

1. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I've recently bought a 2011 iMac. Its a wonderful machine, but I wish there was a way to eliminate the glare on the screen. I'm not really fond of seeing my own reflection in it when I'm trying to watch a movie. Any ideas?

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

if you find a not only acceptable but satisfying solution that is even worth its money and is affordable millions of iMac owners and potential future iMac owners will thank you as most of those cling film stuff known to menkind that gets glued on the glass panel has downsides which you can see

the most ideal and cheapest way is to remove the glas panel and cut out a black piece of cardbord to give the impression of the glas panel still in place , as the actual display offers less glare

3. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

4. DreamscapeRuins thread starter macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I thought of that, and even found a tutorial on how to do it correctly. But I really dont want to remove the glass panel from my iMac. I'd much rather put up with the glare, than I would take it apart.

I saw a few of those as well. Do they harm the screen in any way? 49.95 seems like a hefty price, but it'll be worth it IF it eliminates glare and does not harm the actual screen. Do you use one?

5. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

6. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

A friend of mine I work with has one of these, I'm not sure it's the exact same one as I live in the UK but it's the same as that but a different company he got it from.

He bought two when he got his as he's obsessed with no air bubbles and ended up peeling the first one off and it didn't make any marks on the screen at all.

I will be buying one as I'm getting a desktop iMac in the next month or so