How can I extend the vibration alert?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ezzo, Nov 15, 2015.

1. ezzo macrumors newbie

Hi all, just got my watch but I bought it for a very specific reason, a simple one at that, but I cannot find any way to get the watch to do what I want

I want an alarm that wakes me up several times during the night. It need to be haptic / vibration only as I dont want any sound. I need the harptic alarm to go off for about 20 seconds and then stop automatically without me having to move at all. Once it goes off i then want it to vibrate again every 30 minutes.

Heres what i have tried

1) Multiple alarms: i set several alarms in a row 30 mins apart: The watch does vibrate for long enough but I have to tap the dismiss / snooze button to stop it (IS THERE anyway of restricting the length of the watches own alarm)

2) I tried an auto shut off alarm app. This worked great but the watch only vibrated once for less that 1 second (Is there anyway to get the herptics to continue vibrating for the full length of an alert?

3) Finally i got real funky and out of the box. I set my normal phone ring to last 20 seconds before going to voicemail. This means that if my phone rings then my harptic vibrations do last for the required 20 seconds before switching off which is ideal. but.... this means i would need someone to ring me every 30 mins throughout the night lol. I tried looking for an app that can automatically ring my phone at set intervals throughout the night but gave up searching after a few hours

It stuns me that what i need is so incredibly simple but i cant find any way or any app to do this for me

To recap: I simply want my watch to vibrate for about 20 seconds during the night and the switch off by itself without me having to move a muscle

This isnt laziness by the way, the reason i dont want to move at all is due to a lucid dreaming technique where a person wakes from a dream, but if they move it ruins the moment

Can anyone help? Im willing to try alarms, apps or anything that can achieve this

If only Apply had a way to end their alarm after a certain amount of time then that would be perfect

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze help :)
    Ezzo

2. deany macrumors 68020

deany

I have to wake up through the night too at the moment.

I find the haptic feedback invaluable.

Surely the 20 seconds that you want may not be of any use as it might not wake you depending on which stage of sleep you are in http://www.sleepdex.org/stages.htm ?

Cheers

3. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Setup 10-20 reminders with 1-2 second apart, repeat for every 30min, and then setup each for daily.

4. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, do i set this up with the built-in alarm clock app on the watch?

5. deany macrumors 68020

deany

how do you set up 'reminders' increment by the _second_??....pray tell.

6. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

ive searched everywhere for a reminder app that can be set by the second but cannot find one :-( Can anyone help?

7. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Have to setup multiple reminders.
    I will use Mac, iPhone, or iPad to setup.
    And since you are using it during sleep, your iPhone likely does not have display on so it should go to your AW, if you are wearing at that moment.

8. deany macrumors 68020

deany

your reply really answered my question.....not!!

9. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

What's the use of an alarm if it stops automatically? Won't you fall back to sleep?

I think you're the only person in the world who wants this.

10. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Very disappointed in this forum. I ask for specific help and get 3 patronizing replys

The first poster sent me a link about sleeping pattens. Another replyed saying to set up multiple reminders but did not explain how to do this and now this joker has questions why i need what i need and that im the "only person in the world that wants an alarm that shuts off my itself!!!'

Why dont people respect that i have my reasons for needing what i need and stop offering useless replys

Angry

11. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

12. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

13. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

If it works, maybe you could make a couple bucks off of it.

Developers certainly have access to the Taptic Engine now. I've got an app that works as a metronome; its only issue is that it has to be active on-screen to tap my wrist.

If you can write one to activate on its own, it'll do the job.

14. deany macrumors 68020

deany

with respect Q: is your sleep so 'light' that a haptic feedback is _gauranteed_ to wake you in 20 seconds.?

We are all different of course, but I'm up every two hours in the night or so at present and the haptic is on full blast and I have missed getting up.

You must be an _extremely_ light sleeper?

15. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Once again, you guys are just going right off topic! I sleep light ... it wakes me up ... i cant programme an app BUT I WILL Pay someone to write this app for me

I have put down exactly what I need so please help and stop worrying about my sleep cycles

16. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I don't think Apple Watch is going to supply the solution you're looking for.

17. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Set multiple re-current reminders works for your need, 10-20 reminders for each 30min, and assume you sleep for 8 hours, which will need 80-160 reminders for each days, and set each one as daily repeat or custom day of week repeat.
    It does take a lot of time, but until Apple create API to control detail in AW alarm or reminder, you are out of luck.
    If you think setup 80-160 reminders is too much work for you, you probably had finish already if you instead of response other posts in this thread, spent those same amount of time setup 80-160 reminder, or you need a secretary or butler.

There is no free meal in this world.

18. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Its very frustrating that you keep offering a solution but then not explaining how to do it exactly. I have tried over 20 reminder apps including the standard 1 on the iphone but they do not let you set it by the second. This means that the reminders have to be 1 min apart which is no good. It seems you may be able to help so please please please go 1 step furthur and show me how exactly, which app i should use and how to set a reminder to the second, thank you

19. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

No solution for you then. Good luck, and keep calm.

20. jimmeh1988 macrumors regular

If you set 50 reminders for the same time, do the alerts queue up and continue vibrating for a while? I would test but haven't got the patience- might be worth a try?

21. ezzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Totally confused and disappointing at Jasie02 answers. He says to set reminders 1 second apart but does not say which app this is possible with and then simply repeats himself. Then when questioned by others about how to do it he is unable to answer but then simply repeats that reminders set 1 second apart would work

So I will put another question forward to make myself clear

How do I get an app that allows for reminders to be set 1 second apart?