iPhone XS Max How Can I FAKE MY LOCATION?

HappyDude20

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Years ago during the jailbreak days I had a FakeMyLocation app from Cydia that allowed me to fake my location. Nothing bad, but allowed me to post photos on FB from my Australian vacation while I was back in San Francisco but with the FakeMyLocation app turned on FB assumed I was still in Sydney and the post reflected I was there.

I’m looking for something similar now. Any way to do this? Ideally without jail breaking.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Ah yes, the difficulties of posting social media pictures to make it seem as though you were there.

I once posted a picture of the last supper with my grinning face photoshopped on a disciple, but couldn’t get the date right so nobody bought it.

Can anybody help me FAKE THE POST TIME?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Ah yes, the difficulties of posting social media pictures to make it seem as though you were there.

I once posted a picture of the last supper with my grinning face photoshopped on a disciple, but couldn’t get the date right so nobody bought it.

Can anybody help me FAKE THE POST TIME?
“Never trust anything you read on the internet.”
-A. Lincoln

ARizz44

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
If that situation repeated itself in this moment, just check into Sydney Australia and upload your pics to the post. Might not be as subtle but I doubt subtle is what you’re going for if you’re that intent on people thinking you’re still somewhere else.

Reactions: Jessemtz25

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2013
If you have location services on for the camera Facebook will automatically use that location.

Why is it so important anyway? :rolleyes:

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
Years ago during the jailbreak days I had a FakeMyLocation app from Cydia that allowed me to fake my location. Nothing bad, but allowed me to post photos on FB from my Australian vacation while I was back in San Francisco but with the FakeMyLocation app turned on FB assumed I was still in Sydney and the post reflected I was there.

I’m looking for something similar now. Any way to do this? Ideally without jail breaking.
I don't quite understand your intention. So you took the pictures while on vacation in Sydney, but are posting them now that you're back home in San Francisco, but you want it to appear that they were posted while you were still in Sydney? Why?

I've never been to either city, but I would think that they look different enough that it should be obvious that the pics weren't taken in San Fran even if Facebook indicates that's where they were uploaded. Lots of people upload/post their travel pics after the trip.

Last edited: