How can I find an iphone app developer, and how does that relationship work?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by srharris22, May 3, 2011.

1. srharris22 macrumors member

I have an idea for an iphone app, like everyone else, but I do not know anyone that can write the code or develop the apps. I am looking for advice on how such a relationship typically works financially as well as best way to find someone you can trust to give your idea and actually develop it for you.
    I did a quick search but could not find anything, also this app requires more than the quick little online websites offer.

Thanks!
    Stephen

2. VTPete macrumors member

Stephen,

Like anything else, networking is usually a good way to find someone. Check out "LinkedIn" and look for people you know who know iPhone developers.

When you find a developer, you have to remember that you're working on a relationship that is going to be around for a while. So, my recommendation is to build a product backlog that shows what's required for version 1, version 2, etc. etc.

Payment depends entirely upon the skills required and domain knowledge involved. Expect to pay from $50 to $250 per hour. A fixed "job rate" can be negotiated as well. Some developers work for a cut of the profits or an ownership stake in the app that's developed...

-VTPete

3. srharris22 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks, I even looked in craigslist and could not find anything. I think I have a contact now but will look around on linkedin and Facebook next. Was hoping I might get a hit on here, we will see I guess.

4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

5. appdevelopers macrumors newbie

6. JulieBMurphy macrumors newbie

I would suggest you to ask your friends if they know any developers. Don't tell the whole idea before you see the guy. Or you can search on some freelancer site.