How can I find out which Macbook model sells the best?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bianca.couture, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bianca.couture macrumors newbie

How can I find out which Macbook model sells the best? I need sales figures, whether it's quarterly, yearly, etc. I'm trying to prove a point to my know it all friend who thinks the white Macbooks sold well in comparison to the other models. Which doesn't make sense because they were discontinued.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn’t breakdown its Mac sales by model or market segment.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Your friend was correct. The Macbook sold well and was discontinued to (most likely, based on a survey of analyst opinions) to rationalize the line and to make the Air the entry level.

GGJ is also correct in that Apple does not post which model sold how many.

4. bianca.couture thread starter macrumors newbie

So how do you know they sold well if they don't say how many are sold? I need to figure out how many were sold in comparison to Pros and Airs. My friend who works at the Apple store said 95% of the people who came in to buy a laptop would buy a Pro or Air.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't find that out, because Apple doesn't disclose that information. Poor sales is not the only reason for discontinuing a product.

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

If you poke around at all you'll see that Apple was estimated to have sold 80,000-100,000 Macbooks per month.

How do people come up with those numbers? Leaks from suppliers of Macbook only parts, modelling of known sales, leaks from Apple themselves, etc. If you want a definitive, official Apple number you'll likely never see one.