How can I fit more video into a 4.7gb DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gokuu, Jun 11, 2007.

1. gokuu macrumors member

With out it being Dual layer? Im trying to put in it about 2 hours and 20 minutes worth any ideas?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

No, it won't, but you didn't specify that it had to play on your DVD player. If it has to play on your DVD player, then the only way that I know if is to buy a Dual Layer DVD, or high definition disk format.

5. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhhhhh, I got you...Ok....No way to compress or shrink?

6. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Get the "Toast" application, if allows you to compress a video file to fit more video on a standard disc. I took a dual-layer DVD and fit it on a standard DVD with Toast.

From their website:

7. Peel macrumors 6502a

Peel

I assume this just transcodes it to a lower bit-rate then? How did the quality look, compared to the original DVD-9?

8. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

What applications are you using? I think (think) DVD Studio Pro can shrink your video to fit on the DVD, at the sacrifice of quality, if you give it an original format and not MPEG 2.

They way I would do it is use Compressor to compress your MPEG2 and audio file, using a low enough bitrate that you can fit the final thing into 4.7GB. You will be sacrificing quality, but if you play with the GOP structure, it won't be entirely horrible.

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Try DVD2oneX2. I just spent the day backing up some of my DVD collection. It will take your large Video_TS folder and reduce it to fit on a standard DVD-R disc. You can output it in the software as an .IMG and then just burn away. So simple.

I didn't notice a huge change in quality but then again I didn't watch any of the discs I made in detail.

10. gokuu thread starter macrumors member

since toast is what I have I will try that first if not, then I will try the other ones...And if that doesnt work Ill go to Dual layer DVD's... I just had a nice Lightscribe for the main thing thats why i didnt want Dual layer dvd's...Thanks my friends...