How can I fix a broken Apple Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dman8950, May 16, 2008.

1. dman8950 macrumors member

Hello

My apple keyboard just stopped working. I have the new kind, I bought it to replace the one that came with my iMac g5. Anyway, the other day it stopped working. I tried it in multiple ports on multiple machines...and nothing works. Any suggestions? I really don't want to drop $50 on a replacement, but typing on this old keyboard is driving me nuts!

Thanks for any suggestions,
    -Dan

2. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Hi Dan, if you have had the new keyboard for less than a year you should be covered by the standard 1 year manufacturer warranty in which case you could return it to whomever you bought it from. Do you still have the receipt? If not, you might be up the creak without a paddle unfortunately. Those things are so thin I don't know if they can be opened up like regular keyboards.

EDIT: You might be able to wedge some sort of thin tool between the plastic and aluminium on the underside of the keyboard to prize it open. But this may be fruitful anyway since I'm not sure if you can get spare parts. Note also that it would be wise to return it first if this is possible.