How Can I fix this video in FCE? Black corners...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Ok so there was a 35mm attachment on my camera and while I couldn't see this happening in the LCD viewfinder on the camera it came out like this on the screen when I imported into FCE 4. Is there a way to crop or change the video so that those corners aren't there anymore? I posted a screenshot of the vid below.

Attached Files:

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Go into the Motion tab and adjust the "scale" of the video. Only use as much as is needed though as scaling up the video will visibly lower the quality if you do it too much.

Lethal

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks that worked well!

4. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

For future reference, your camera may have a stabilisation feature turned on causing it to 'overscan' on the flip-out lcd.

On the adaptor front, if you're using one of the more "pro" examples (Letus, Redrock, etc.) you may find the intended area of use on the ground glass is around the motion picture-sized (24x16mm-ish) frame rather than the still photography (36x24mm) frame as many people assume and set up for.

5. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

That's why you should always look through the viewfinder, electronic or not, it will still give you a more "accurate" look at the shot you have taken.

The LCD screen should only be used as referral. with LCD screens on cameras, you always loose a little bit of the edge on the left and right side of the screen. This include digital still cameras.

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks everyone!

7. Saliwa macrumors member

It's strange you have these black corners, you don't seem to be using a fisheye?

8. lfielder06 Guest

What he is using is a 35mm adapter on a consumer cam not a fish eye lens. It creates a short depth of field and really creates the more professional look of cameras that are thousands of dollars more. As with any DIY solution there are some problems and this is one of them.