How can I flip a video file vertically?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the last Eddis, Jan 12, 2010.

1. the last Eddis macrumors newbie

So I'm not a computer expert, but I know this must be in the realm of possibility...

Basically, I need a free way to flip an mp4 file so that the left side becomes the right and vice versa. iMovie doens't seem to have this feature, so I did some Googling for some kind of third-party app, and now my head hurts and I've found seven programs and widgets, none of which work for mac.

An idea: my friend's mom has a PC. I'm seeing him at school today, feasibly I could give him a flash drive with the video on it and he could do it on his mom's desktop— is flipping video a feature on, what is it, Windows Movie Maker? Are there some kind of instructions I can give him about how to do it?

He also has a laptop running Snow Leopard, does the iMovie in that OS have that feature? (I know my iMovie, 7.1.4, can rotate, but it can't flip because that would just be too easy, wouldn't it?)

I have a MacBook running 10.5.6, and an iMovie project that's so close to being done, but this is really holding me up. T-T Help, please?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

See if TransformMovie will do what you want. Look on VersionTracker

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I believe you can flip in VLC as well as rotate as per this thread.

Edit: or if you have access to Quicktime Pro (not free) you can flip it as per here