How can I force the "Pick your plan" option during signup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orbitalpunk, Jul 1, 2007.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

Hi there,

has anyone found a way for get the option to choose the "pick your plan" even though you have good credit? i've read entering the ss# 123456789 might work but haven't read any real confirmation on that.

att faq say you can transfer from a go phone, but has anyone tried ? using your go phone pick your plan and during activation saying your an existing att customer and them letting you stay as a pick your plan or do they still force into a credit check still hence, how can you force it to fail.

thanks guys

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Enter all zeros for SSN and it will give you that option :)

3. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

or 123-45-6789 :)

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Can anyone explain to me why some people are so eager to do this?

The pre pay plans suck. You are essentially pre-paying your cancellation fee even if you never cancel.

I don't understand the attractiveness of doing this. If it is just to avoid the 2 year contract, it s a horrible financial decision. So there must be some other reason.

5. sasquatch98 macrumors newbie

I'm going to do it because att coverage sucks in my area and I want an iphone without the phone part. I have a contract with verizon and I'm perfectly happy with it, this will let me replace my pos windows mobile pda with an iphone as i will not pay for anymore months of this prepaid service.

6. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

what if the iphone is unlocked next week. great. i cancel my contract with no etf and move to tmobile(ya!)

also its 10 dollars cheaper then the regular plan and i will never exceed 200min

make sense now?

thanks for the input guys. did you guys really have success yourselves? just really wanna be sure cause if this doesnt work, then i have to return the phone and get hit with a restocking fee.

thanks again

7. iprincess macrumors member

has anyone successfully setup a prepaid iphone?

8. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

Ill be able to tell you in 1 - 2 hours. A CSR my account was pending a credit check (because i put in all 0's). So if you cant wait for a little ill be sure to post my results. If its still pending after a couple hours, im going to ask them to cancel the activation, so i can put in my real SSN.

9. DanB91 macrumors 6502

lets say it is unlocked, how would u access voicemail?

10. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I would GUESS that itr would be just regular voicemail like the carrier (T-Mobile, Verizon) offeres- voicemail is really a function of the provider, not the phone. Yes, you would loose visual voice mail, but not voice mail in it's entirety.

11. jstennis1591 macrumors member

So using 000-00-0000 got you the prepaid option????? Awesome!