How can i fully delete the whole Intego Virus protector?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SandersHokie, Jul 6, 2007.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

Also, how do I get the little castle thing off my menu bar at the top? I tried cmd-drag but that didn't work. thanks!

I've decided to just use NAV 10.0 (hope its the latest) so I don't want the Intego virus protector. I know i know, there are few if any mac viruses, but it makes me feel better to know i have a virus protector in case of one.

2. iCe Cube macrumors regular

Do you mean you want to delete the application as well as all the associated pref files etc? Try AppZapper or AppDelete. Maybe this will also help you get rid of the thing in the menu bar.
    Then do a search for any remaining files left over and just shove em in the trash (with caution :p)

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why? Norton for Mac is nowhere near as good as Intego, that's what I used before I let my Mac go without virus software.

You could try spotlighting for Intego and Virusbarrier and removing the results.

You could also look in /Applications/Utilites/Activity Monitor and find out what the menubar application is called (it'll being with Intego or something), and then spotlight to remove it.

4. MrBrandonP macrumors newbie

For Future searchers.

I know this was posed 4 years ago, but it's still being showing up on google search and it need multiple answers. So here is what I did to get rid the software completely and get rid of the icons in the top bar.
    I downloaded the installer from this site:
    http://www.integodownload.com/mac/X/IntegoUninstaller.dmg

worked like a charm!

5. Xandi macrumors newbie

Great help

You are just Great !!!!!!
    As you said, work like a charm!!!!!!
    Thanks