How Can I Get a Refurb??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eddieowns, May 21, 2010.

1. Eddieowns macrumors member

I want to sell my 3GS so I can get a 4G when they come out. Only problem is, my phone is scratched to hell. What can I say to the geniuses to get a new/refurbished phone with new casing? It would make selling my phone much easier.

2. Eddieowns thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking about claiming that the phone overheats, and doesn't work until I turn it off and give it a few minutes. This has actually happened to me in the past, but not recently.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

....Stuff like this makes the rest of us end up paying more...

Thanks. :(

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good luck on the scam.
    It's apples fault you scratched it up.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

T,FFY.

7. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

It annoys me when people like you want to make up faults so that you can get a replacement as you couldn't look after your iPhone properly! I will be going to Apple to get a refurb and also selling that refurb so that I can buy a 4G, only difference is that I actually have a genuine fault! I hope you do something to your phone to try and get a refurb and then the genuises just laugh at you

8. Eddieowns thread starter macrumors member

So I just got done at apple. I told the guy that the phone has small cracks by the dock connector and by the headphone jack. He took a look and told me that it was a cosmetic problem that they couldn't do anything about. He then went in the back and ran some tests to make sure everything else was runnig properly, and it was. He asked if there was anything else wrong with it, so I told him that I've had problems in the past with the phone overheating and giving me a warning. Then he looked at it again on their computer, and told me that he'd be more than happy to replace it.

So you can stop flaming me, the phone had a legit issue. I didn't lie to him about anything.

9. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

HaHaHa...it had "a legit issue" that you didn't even know about, you went into the shop with the full intention of lying to the guys and trying to nab yourself a free refurb and it just so happened that you got lucky and they did actually find a fault

10. Eddieowns thread starter macrumors member

You didn't see what I said before?? The phone has overheated on me in the past.

11. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Clearly I did not lol...I shall let you off then if you did actually have a valid fault, however I do hope that they replace my iPhone which has started to develop cracks, if they try to say to me that they can't do anything as it's only a cosmetic problem then I will kick off as my phone is only 3 months old, has had a screen protector on it since day 1, has been in a case which I bought from the Apple store since day 1 and has also never been dropped or sat on or anything like that, it also doesn't even have a mark on it (other than those cracks)

12. Eddieowns thread starter macrumors member

I wish you the best of luck. We're both in the same boat. I've had mine in an invisible shield/case since day 1.

13. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Cheers mate, sorry for being a tw@, I just hate it when people make up problmes just so they can get a new device, it really annoys me but you obviously had a genuine problem, I jst didn't read the whole thread before posting, so my bad :p