iPhone How can I get an RSS feed on my lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoneWolf121188, Feb 9, 2013.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I want to be able to see an RSS feed on my lockscreen that updates every hour and is just a single line of text: http://rss.aviatorjoe.net/3/KSPS.rss

I have lockinfo installed, but when I type that URL into the RSS feed application that comes with it, nothing comes up. It seems like it only allows you to search from a predetermined list of feeds, which is really frustrating. Is there another way I can get that on the lockscreen?

2. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

3. rivryan macrumors member

4. jinx1000, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

jinx1000 macrumors member

I found a work around to enter custom feeds if you are willing to tinker.

You will have to edit the following plist file.
    /var/mobile/Library/preferences/com.dba-tech.rssdataprovider.plist

To edit. Insert any unwanted feed through the new LockInfo feeds app. Open the above .plist in iFile or any other method.

There should be two lines in the file surrounded by <string>.

The first is the description of the RSS feed you selected. Edit it to whatever you like. The. Second is the URL. Drop your URL in there. Respring (not sure if you have to) and it should show up in your feeds.

5. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Brilliant, thank you! Everyone else in this thread apparently doesn't read too well, huh? :rolleyes:

6. jinx1000 macrumors member

No problem. Glad it worked for you. It was a major frustration for me. I'm not sure the schedule it updates on. I wish I could set it.