How can I get apple to replace my iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Omarbil, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Omarbil macrumors newbie

So obviously my 5S still has the 1 year contract. I dropped it and the screen cracked. Is there a way to make them repair it for free or replace it?

I once heard, but am not sure if true or not, that you could mess up the phone from inside and have it serviced as a defect and it work. Any ideas?

2. ugcop, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014

ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Sorry but you will just have to suck it up and be prepared to pay for non-warranty repair.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

its not their fault you cracked your screen, i do believe they will replace it though, it isn't cheap.

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

It does have a one year warranty, but not if you damage it.. That is what AppleCare + or square trade is for. Accidents happen, that is what I buy ins. for. I don't understand why people think if they damage their phone, Apple should fix it for free.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

As soon as they see the physical damage and the broken screen they will not replace it for free no matter what you do.
    Pay up like everyone else for the damage that you caused. Its not Apples fault or responsibility to fix what you broke.

6. Sceptre macrumors member

Does it make sense now? ...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Nobody here is going to give you tips on how to commit what is basically the same as insurance fraud, sorry.

8. marcococo macrumors regular

marcococo

Apple's 1 year warranty doesn't cover accidental damage.

9. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

In some cases you can get it replaced for free. Just go to an apple store and see what they do with it.

10. Applebag macrumors newbie

I've had phones replaced because of factory defect even with broken screens. It all depends on who you talk to. Some Apple employees are like Steve Jobs Jr. and would never cut you a break. Some of them just want to help and understand it's quick and easy for them just to swap it out with a refurb. Good luck.

11. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Well if your a chick with a nice body, you mite make a deal with the Applecare guy. If not just hold a gun to his head and than run like hell. Come on you broke it you pay for it. Hello :mad: