How can I get application QuickSilver to be able to find everything?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HenryHill, Apr 24, 2011.

1. HenryHill macrumors newbie

If i Type in the name of a .pdf that is in a folder on my desktop. It does not come up on in quicksilver. Any way for me to get EVERY file into this? I don't get why it shouldnt bring it up if i type in the exact name of the file..
    Thanks for any help

2. hakuryuu macrumors 6502

Quicksilver isn't really designed to do such a thing. It is supposed to be more focused. Use Spotlight to find everything, thats what it is there for. CMD+space.

3. HenryHill, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

HenryHill thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it was. And I figured out hwo to do it it. You go into catalogue and change everything's 'depth' from 1 ( the default ) to infinity ( infinite depth search, i.e every file is searchable )

If i hadn't done more research I would have been led to believe that this was not possible by you! Please don't pass bad information on to Macrumors posters !

4. philostein macrumors newbie

How can I get application QuickSilver to be able to find everything?

Don't. The original reply was right - you should use Spotlight for searching system-wide.

Setting a depth of infinity in the Catalog will cause Quicksilver to slow down considerably. Put the folders you most access there, and set a depth of 0, 1 or 2.