How can I get eBooks in Chinese on an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chogall, Mar 6, 2012.

1. chogall macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I still don't have any iPad. But I would only buy one if I can make sure it is possible to get chinese eBooks as well. So far, we tried from my friend's iPad to see if any were available via the iBookStore and we couldn't find any. He thought that the choice of eBooks may be restricted according to the country where the account was made.

Is that true ?

Do you have any ideas how to get any ? Please let me know if you have any tips, this would be very important to me.

Thank you in advance!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, some content are limited by country, but also, iBooks isn't the only way to read books on the iPad. There are a lot of Chinese books sold as apps instead of as iBooks, if a book is in ePub format with no DRM, it can be opened in iBooks app even if they come from some other place than iBookstore, there are other ereader apps you can install on the iPad, etc. just search the Internet in general for sources of books you want to read, then once you find a good source or two, figure out if and how those books can be read on the iPad