How can I get iMovie back?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by james92se, Oct 4, 2010.

1. james92se macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4, jailbroken on 4.0

Last time I synced my phone with iTunes, I got stuck in this continuous look saying my computer was not authenticated. It would ask for my password, then it would pop up saying that I have 3 of 5 computers authorized (when I've only ever used one), then it would immediately say my computer was not authenticated and ask for the password. Over and over and over.

After some web research I found out that my iMovie was causing it (I had done the iMovie "hack" to get the new version with re-naming some stuff in iFile). I deleted iMovie and the iTunes goofyness went away and I was able to sync.

Now, when I went back to re-download iMovie, it says 4.1 is required to download it. Doh. I should have known that seeing as I did the "hack" to get iMovie 4.1 on my 4.0 device.

Is there a way for me to get iMovie back now? Maybe through some SSH'ing or something rather?

2. TJone macrumors 6502a

I get that message too in iTunes and have also done the iMovie trick. I put my iTunes password and it says I am authorized. Then it brings up the second message that I am not authenticated and I can remove or cancel. I pressed cancel and it does not seem to finish the sync. I also have to get an external drive because my laptop is almost full and I think that is causing the sync to stop. I am not sure if it is the iMovie causing this problem, or just my laptop drive being almost full or both. I will pick up an external drive today to see. I figure if that does not fix it, the 4.1 jailbreak will be out soon enough and I can just upgrade and make iMovie happy at the same time.

Did you also have a blank iMovie icon after upgrading it? I have not been able to fix my icon. The retina @2x version is in the .app folder but it still does not see it. Strange...

3. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you even read my post? :confused:

You have to remove iMovie to finish your sync and get iTunes to stop doing that. I guarantee it. It's not your laptop being almost full or anything like that. It is iMovie that's doing it

But yes, after I did the "hack" iMovie upgrade, I had just a blank white icon for iMovie. This has been discussed on this forums quite a bit. It work(ed) fine, it was just a blank white icon.

I'm now trying to figure out how I can get iMovie back. I had to delete it to get iTunes to stop freaking out and finish my sync.

4. TJone macrumors 6502a

I read your post but when I press cancel (instead of remove iMovie) on that message it seems to try to finish syncing and then it comes up with the next error message 30 seconds later that my drive is too full. It seemed like it may finish once I get my drive situation sorted out. Maybe you are right that it will still not complete the sync but it seemed like it works after hitting cancel (until I get the next drive full message). I will let you know what happens once I get a new drive...

5. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, gotcha. I didn't know that you were getting an actual error message telling you that the drive is too full. In that case, maybe you do need a new/bigger drive. Dunno..

6. TJone macrumors 6502a

I will report back how it works out. Maybe you can install iMovie through installous. It seems like a valid reason for using it since you have already paid for iMovie. Once the new JB comes out you can then upgrade to 4.1 and get back the real version through the app store. Just a thought..

7. TJone macrumors 6502a

I will report back how it works out. Maybe you can install iMovie through installous. It seems like a valid reason for using it since you have already paid for iMovie. Once the new JB comes out you can then upgrade to 4.1 and get back the real version through the app store. Just a thought..