How can I get iTunes back to an older state?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRock1, Feb 14, 2014.

1. iRock1 macrumors 6502a

iRock1

It turns out that as iTunes Match works soooo well (sarcasm :rolleyes:), something got messed up today and I've lost some changes that I recently made to my library (basically some manually introduced metadata and a few Playlists that I created).

The thing is, how can I get iTunes back to a previous (recent) state?

So far all the tutorials that I've found recommend to access User/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries. The problem is that the newest file there is from october. :confused:

I'm using Time Machine, so I gave it a look from the Menu Bar. What am I supposed to do there? Not sure, but I went to a recent backup (yesterday), looked at the iTunes folder and discovered that its size is not even half of the iTunes folder that I'm currently using. So I guess it's not a complete backup and therefore I shouldn't replace my current iTunes Folder with that previous version of it.

What should I do?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Go east. (let it sink in)

Maybe download Pacifist and then pluck iTunes off of the OS disc that came with the Mac, since you surely have that stored in a safe place, right? Then you can partially update iTunes, stopping short of where you encountered the problem.