How can I get my iPod touch apps back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hopesonfire, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Hopesonfire macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a program or some sort of way for me to get my iPod touch apps back? My MacBook recently went in to get fixed and I wasnt able to back up my stuff and one of the apps I use a lot is no longer in the apps store and I wondering if there's a way for me to transfer them from my iPod touch to my MacBook.

Thank you!

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

It's Easy!

Open iTunes then go to the iTunes Store. On the Store interface there should be a section that says "Purchased". Click on that and re-download any apps that you have previously purchased.

Apps that are no longer available on the App Store will not be able to be re-downloaded:(

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

You have to have an iPod touch 3rd or 4th gen to do that ^

If the app isn't on the app store anymore, you won't be able to get it bacl. How did the apps get off your iPod if you said you didn't back up? Even if you don't back up, the apps should still be on your iPod. :confused:

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

He/she didn't say the apps are no longer on the iPod. If you read the post, the OP is wondering how to get the apps back onto his computer from his iPod.

And I don't know why you think that only 3rd or 4th gen iPods can "do that." It doesn't matter what the gen is, the OP can go to the iTunes Store, click the "Purchased" section, and just as iDuel said, can then re-download any apps previously downloaded.

I'm not sure if the app no longer in the app store will be able to be re-downloaded, but check the Purchased section out OP and see if it's still there. Worth a shot.

5. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Calm yourself, buster. I thought he was talking about the Purchased section of the App Store on the device itself, which only devices with 4.3 and up can get to.

All they have to do is sync with iTunes then, not that hard.

6. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Open iTunes.
    Go to File > Transfer Purchases From [iPod Touch]