How Can I Get My PDF Books Into iBooks?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, May 17, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I love the iBooks apps above all the others and would love to get my extensive collection of PDF books to iBooks.

Anyway to do it? (Of course I don't mind converting files and uploading/transferring and what not)

Currently GoodReader has all my PDF's and it works okay, but iBooks is such a pleasure to use and read, what with the font size and brightness settings available...

Truth be told, my important PDF files are in GoodReader but most of the time i'm in iBooks reading random leisurely books just cause of the ease of functionality.

2. extralarge macrumors member

ibook using epub format

iBook using epub format.
    So, I don't see any good way to upload pdfs to iBook. The cool book effect are only for epub format as well.:(

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thats great to hear. Any recommendation on the best/easiest PDF to epub converter available on the Mac?

I was scanning through all my application and the only one that seems to come close I think would be Stanza; but i'm guessing that would only work with the Stanza app..

..which leads me to my next question; how would I transfer a newly converted epub file onto iBooks? (I am right to guess i'd have to somehow import it to "Books" in iTunes?)

4. astrorider macrumors 6502

Calibre will convert to epub, then drop the converted file onto iTunes and I think that's it...I did this when I first got my iPad so my memory of the exact steps is a little fuzzy.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you very much; this is gonna make iBooks my most used app.

Perfect; watching it now.

6. Tulipone macrumors 6502

Some people have had problems with Calibre, but I think that if your PDF is clean and the formatting okay then Calibre does okay. When I have had some issues a quick find/replace in a word processor cleans up the text before I transfer.

7. ScrewTheDaisies macrumors regular