How can I get my trackpad clicker working again?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by boulette, Nov 15, 2011.

1. boulette macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought my Macbook in the spring of 2010. I'll give the info. just so you know what machine I'm working with:
    Mac OS X, version 10.7.2, Macbook 6.1
    2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

For quite some time now, over a year, the trackpad has been pushed down, so I can't click anymore. I have to use the tap-to-click for everything, which is fine, but honestly, I just really miss clicking! I have tried slipping edges of paper underneath to clean it out, and I have looked online at suggestions, but almost every one says to take out the battery to have nice access to the bottom of the trackpad. The problem with that for me, though, is that my battery has a glaring "Warning: Do not remove battery" right there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really rather avoid going to the Apple store, as it is far away and I am not sure how strong my technical vocabulary is in French.

Thanks in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

If you still have warranty, then Apple will help you for free, unless the damage has been caused by you.
    Anyway, even if you don't have warranty, the Apple employees will help, as no technical jargon is needed to explain that the trackpad is not clicking.

Btw, have you tried the Advanced Search yet?
    [​IMG]

3. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

4. boulette thread starter macrumors newbie

I am messing around with it now. It's just... sunken in at the bottom (the part parallel to the edge closest to me when I'm facing it -- sorry if that sounds convoluted). I just stuck a business card under it, at the bottom, and it was sitting up to its normal height. But, when I took the card out, it sunk back immediately. Would a swollen battery make it actually sink deeper?

I have tried the advanced search but I haven't found anyone with the same problem (being unable to take out the battery while having a sunken-down trackpad). The Apple store is very far away, so any at-home solutions (just suggestions, anything) would be very appreciated.