How Can I Get Original OSX Login Window?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Mar 24, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

About 3 months ago I went online searching to change the look of the login window on my Mac. Bear in mind, the login window box that has the apple logo, account names and sleep, shut-down and restart buttons...and not the wallpaper behind it.

I ended up going with some random retro looking login window that I must've downloaded from a DeviantArt site...

Today, I no longer wish to have it and want to revert to the old, original Mac login window.. I would imagine its a simple terminal copy & paste job, though i've no idea what it could be.

I've downloaded an app called Ravissant, though it seems the retro modification I have on my Mac now doesn't completely go away when using this app.

Another app, Loginox, made to change the login window wallpaper also seems to not be able to do its job.

I simply want to get rid of my current mod retro setting for my OSX login screen (the login window itself) and go back to the original version.........never wanting to mess around with it again.

2. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

3. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

You can always "hack" your Mac safely, with apps as Tinkertool. Those don't do irreversible damage, and there's always a reset button to go back to the default pre-hacked state.