How can I get out of restore mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KarenTMP, Jul 13, 2010.

1. KarenTMP macrumors newbie

My 3GS iphone is stuck in restore mode. I don't want to restore my phone because I do not want to lose my data (pictures) since it's been about a month since my last backup. My phone is not jailbroken and I'm using the new iOS4. Can someone help me?

My phone was working fine last night and then morning after turning it on, i got the iphone screen with the itunes logo and a usb cord.

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I think I have come out of restore mode by neglecting the phone. Give it an hour unplugged and see if that helps.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just hold the home and power buttons until it reboots.

4. KarenTMP thread starter macrumors newbie

that's not working. it pulls up a screen telling me to connect to itunes.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Do it again, but this time make sure you’re connected to USB and iTunes is running.

6. KarenTMP thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that too and it's not working.

7. DaSoupNazi macrumors newbie

I can help

I had the same thing happen to me. I had to go to a different computer and make up a new itunes account. It is important to do this from a different computer other than the one you usually use because it will automatically identify the phone whether it is on your usual account name or not if you use the computer you usually use. So it needs to be on a different computer. Make a new account. Before plugging it in...turn phone off and back on. Plug phone in and download the latest OS which is 4.0. Once you have go back to your old account and computer you usually use and sync. That will fix it. It fixed mine, which coincidentally screwed up as I was downloading the new OS.

Hope this helps.

8. DaSoupNazi macrumors newbie

When you go to sync it, it will give you the option of restoring from a previous sync. Pick a sync point you knew it was fine and it will fix it.