Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redred

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2012

Now you are just trolling like the massive loser you clearly are in life.

I've laid out with accurate numbers how wrong you were. I have nothing further to give this thread. If you want to live in a fantasy land where you save big money by bringing an unlocked new iPhone to ST, go ahead. But it does not reflect reality. It doesn't mean a damn thing to me anymore moving forward. You can look at my most recent math and realize how accurate I truly am. Those are the facts. You can't change them, and you aren't saving as much as you stupidly boasted about in the past.

I'm done with you Lick. I literally have no desire to continue this absurd back and forth. You have to retort to linking to Psychology Today. That's how pathetic and childish you really are. And a link that discusses admitting defeat? Should you not be linking such a thing for yourself? I take it you live in a fantasy world where your savings are actually some numbers you have constructed in your head. Enjoy those numbers. Enjoy those enormous savings. They are your own creation.

I won't be contributing to this thread moving forward. I honestly feel bad for you Lick. You think you are pulling this fast move by taking your money to ST when you really aren't. And when you get proven wrong you need to retort to childish ways instead of being a God damn adult and admitting that someone else was right. But no, quote exaggerated cell phone plans and keep banging your first on your computer table. Knock yourself out man.

And with that, I'm done here. Good riddance.

Lick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
I honestly... Lick...yourself out man.

Are $306, $410.32, & $820.64 equal where your from? You must have taken home the gold in mental gymnastics to somehow come to a conclusion in which you were right all along.

So in summation your a pretty dumb stubborn guy, I was right, I hope you meet a nice lady one day, get married, have 2 beautiful kids, and all live happily ever after on an AT&T family plan.

Last edited:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Redred is absolutely correct. To truly save money you should bring a GSM device to Straight Talk that you currently own. To put it in perspective, the price alone of an unlocked next-gen iPhone is essentially equal to 15 months of Straight Talk service.

Lick

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012
Redred is absolutely correct. To truly save money you should bring a GSM device to Straight Talk that you currently own. To put it in perspective, the price alone of an unlocked next-gen iPhone is essentially equal to 15 months of Straight Talk service.

Indeed but I like the newest tech so I look at it this way. If I sell my 4 now I can get $255 for it, a new 32GB 6th gen iPhone will run me $800 and if I sell it in 1 year I could get $450 back. Basically if I indulge I end up -$95 in the hole this time next year. Whereas if I stick with my current iPhone for the next year it's resale value will drop $100 but it will cost me nothing and when I sell it at the end of the year I end up with $155.

So in reality I am paying $250 to have the new hotness, but it's worth noting you also get that 1 year of limited apple care with the new iPhone whereas if my 4 should suddenly die on me in the next year I'm **** out of luck.

At least that's how I'm gonna justify it if I end up walking into an apple store next month with $800 in my pocket.

fviezcas

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
I have a 4S on Cricket, and you can't (any more) bring your own iPhone. Before there was an 'official' Cricket iPhone, you could flash and activate VZW/Sprint iPhones, but since they started selling iPhones themselves, they won't activate non-Cricket ones.

As far as them getting the i5? I haven't heard anything one way or another, but I assume we will eventually. I'm in no hurry though, since I just dropped $499 on my 4S.

I went to Cricket's page and it says iPhone 5 is now available 55/month

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.