How can I get unlimited data on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Oct 21, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Does anyone have unlimited data for their Verizon iPad? If so... How did you accomplish that?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you don't have it now, you can't get it. Unlimited data is no longer offered by Verizon for new accounts. If you had before they cancelled it you are grandfathered in.

3. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

There is no way to get it as Verizon no longer offers it. Those who had it and didnt upgrade to the new share everything are grandfathered into the plan.

The ONLY way to get it is to purchase an unlimited plan from someone else. There are many selling their grandfathered plans on eBay. Basically you will pay to have the plan/contract transferred to your name.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Right... This is what I want to do... I was just wondering if it ever existed for the iPad.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

As far as I know it never existed for the iPad on Verizon.

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I am totally aware of that. I was trying to figure out if the Verizon iPad has released before they stopped the unlimited plans.

----------

Has anyone ever been able to put an unlimited plan on their IPad?

7. Jades macrumors 6502

Yes. Anyone that has existing unlimited plans that are provisioned on a LTE device can take their sim and put it in their iPad. And I know that the FCC doesn't let Verizon block sim swapping between devices, so you won't need to worry about loosing your plan. Personal hotspot will work as well.

8. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90