How can I Identify which Jailbreak Software was used?

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi Guys!

I jailbroke my iPhone 4, and I want to un-jailbreak it, but I don't remember which software I used. Is there anyway to find out?

I searched and remember downloading the following 3, but not sure which one I eventually used:

redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc8
sn0wbreeze-2.2.1
greenpois0n 1.0 RC6.1

If it helps at all, when I reboot the phone, I get an Apple logo, and then it turns into a wavy skull that spins.

Once I know what was used, then I can search for information on how to un-jaibreak it. I've been careful not to update the phone or even iTunes, since then.

Thanks for any help!

-Ailu

(iPhone 4 running 4.2.6, iTunes 10.2.1.1)

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Greenpois0n uses a skull boot logo.

The unjailbreak info will be the same regardless of method: restore it. You are thinking too much.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Well if you have the scull, you JB with greenpoison.

You don't need the program to "un-jailbreak" though.

Plug into iTunes and click the restore button and you can update to iOS 5 not jailbroken.

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Wow, amazed at all the responses! Thanks for all your help, guys!

Would it be safer to put it in DFU mode to restore it?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Wow, amazed at all the responses! Thanks for all your help, guys!

Would it be safer to put it in DFU mode to restore it?
Either way is fine because Itunes will restore your phone to Apple latest firmware.

If you have any problem, come back here and we will guide you to the next step.

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Crystal & the rest of you, you are TOTALLY AWESOME.

Gotta go to work now, but I will try to restore it tonight and report back. :)

Thanks again!
Ailu

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Hi Everybody!

Just posting to let you know the restore was successful, and I was able to unjailbreak the phone. Thanks again for all your help! :)

-Ailu

Asianxfatty

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
i dont know that many people that wanna unjailbreak their phone and leave it as it is on 5.0.1..but nonetheless you got what you needed done

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Please read the thread. Did I ever say I was going to leave it as it is? And even if I had stated that, why is my conforming to your expectations so important to you that you would feel the need to state it to me?

i dont know that many people that wanna unjailbreak their phone and leave it as it is on 5.0.1..but nonetheless you got what you needed done

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Please read the thread. Did I ever say I was going to leave it as it is? And even if I had stated that, why is my conforming to your expectations so important to you that you would feel the need to state it to me?
Don't worry about him he just felt adding his 2 cents was needed, he did this on a few threads in most cases confirming what others already said.. we get these types once in a while. they are just starting to know maybe a little and get carried away trying to add in areas they shouldn't.. they usually learn really quick or get schooled and leave. I have to admit I'm a little curious about the nick name though. Are they a X Asian or a X Fatty?

Ailu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Aarf! That was funny. :) Thanks. I usually ignore these twerps but I had just woken up and hadn't yet imbibed my usual dose of caffeine that turns me into a nice person. :eek:

Don't worry about him he just felt adding his 2 cents was needed, he did this on a few threads in most cases confirming what others already said.. we get these types once in a while. they are just starting to know maybe a little and get carried away trying to add in areas they shouldn't.. they usually learn really quick or get schooled and leave. I have to admit I'm a little curious about the nick name though. Are they a X Asian or a X Fatty?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.