How can I import Entourage files to Outlook 2007?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CraigB, Dec 14, 2007.

1. CraigB macrumors member

Heh, it's not what you think. I'm not changing back to a Windows user, it's just that I *need* to get my contacts onto Outlook 2007 as well.

Here's the problem:
    My contacts in Entourage are organized nicely, with each contact's name and e-mail address. Really simple information. I then go to "Export", and choose to export the contacts to a "tab-delimited text" file (it's my only choice).

Basically, I get this .txt file. I then go to my Outlook 2007, and have tried importing both "Comma Separated Values" and "Tab Separated Values" with my .txt file. Unfortunately, while each contact's name and e-mail DO get imported, the format is completely messed up. I get this "map field" window when I choose to import by Tab Separated Values, but I've tried all different combinations, and every time, the names and e-mails simply jumble up altogether.

Has anyone tried importing Entourage contacts into Outlook 2007? And if so, can you please give me some instructions on how to do so?

Thanks a bunch :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Entourage is not file-compatible with Outlook. If you are using Entourage to access an Exchange server, then you can exchange contacts with Outlook that way. Without the Exchange server, you might just be better off just retyping.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Will Outlook not import an Excel spreadsheet? :confused:

4. msteudel macrumors newbie

Yes you can ...

I know this is old, but it was fairly high in the google results so I thought I would register and post my solution.

This is what I did to get them into Outlook 2007

1. Export entourage contacts as TAB deliminated file
    2. Open that file in Excel and I accepted the default options to import
    3. I then resaved that file as a comma seperated file (.csv)
    4. Then I did the import routine in Outlook, I picked CSV file (windows)
    5. Then I spent a while mapping the contact fields to the outlook address fields (this was an annoying part)

Anyway that's what I did ... now I have to go through in outlook and clean things up.

Anyway good luck!

MS