How can I improve my Product Promo Reel?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by highjumppudding, Mar 17, 2008.

1. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

Hi all

I was wondering how I can improve my Product Promo Reel on my website? I created the Promo Reel in Motion 3. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.

The website is www.StevenPriceProductions.com
    You can click the Product Promo Reel from the Home Page.

2. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

I liked it a lot. It really shows what you are capable of and demonstrates to people what they can have. All in all I think its good how it is.

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

It's pretty good! I do think it feels a bit slow, maybe try some faster cutting?

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Going along w/ppc_michael, I think it drags on. In general, I'd cut it down to maybe a 30 sec promo for each volume, include clearly labeled before & after footage for each segment, and don't worry about showing examples of everything in each tutorial. Show your most impressive tricks, then just list the rest or end it w/a "and many more" type line at the end. Also, since it's supposed to be a punchy VFX promo you might toss in some cool transitions between segments instead of just fading in/out.

A couple of specific comments. The "time travel" just looks like you sped up footage of a clock, I'm not sure what's happening in "TV burn in" segment, a single "photograph freeze" is enough to get the point across, thats like the world slowest whip pan in the "whip cut" section:p, the perspective of the "window illusions" looks off (like the "reflections" are too big unless the couple is sitting right on the edge of the road) and there is an edit in the "reflection" footage a few frames after the dissolve from "no reflection" to "reflection" and the "green screen car" footage doesn't match-up. The keyed-in footage is a sun rise/set coming in thru the side window, but the actress is lit from the front and doesn't have the warm glow you'd get from a sun that low in the sky.

Also, you might want to put a few free samples on your site. There are a lot of other free and pay tutorials out there and people will probably be more willing to open up their wallet if they can get a sample of your wares.

Lethal

5. Dr. Rengers macrumors member

It think it's pretty good. But to me the "presentation" looks like a template with some video dropped in. I don't know if this is the case, but it certainly isn't good advertising for Visual FX services.