How can I improve World of Warcraft frames per second?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ElizabetheB, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ElizabetheB macrumors newbie

My Macbook (bought in late 2008) used to run the game just fine, but for the past few months it's been terrible for some reason. I tried deleting other games to make room but it didn't make any difference. I've also changed all the game's settings. I'm not sure what else I can do, does anyone have any suggestions?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Get rid of extra ad-ons, lower the video quality, get a new computer. Macs aren't exactly known for their video cards.

3. vistadude macrumors 65816

Dont let mac os update itself. It can get really slow when they put out bad drivers and software updates.

4. Yoda3984 macrumors member

Yoda3984

Out-of-date or unused addons can make WoW run incredibly poor. I've made it a point to completely delete an addon I don't want any more, not just disable it. Making sure everything is up-to-date is a good idea as well.

Turning anti-aliasing, texture filtering, and shadows very low (or even off) will help, too.

I also wonder if part of the problem isn't the recent 10.6.4 update doesn't have something to do with it. Valve was reporting that Steam games took a major performance hit and that they were working with Apple to get the issues resolved.

5. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

Just disable all your addons and see if that makes a difference. If it's addons, then you can start adding them back slowly until you find the one causing the most slowdown.