Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kleber_carvalho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2022
Sorocaba, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Hi,
I have an iPad 4h generation 32 bits processor, and I have installed IOS version 10.3.3 I reset the iPad to start from scratch, and now I need to install chrome because Safari is too old that I did not get to use Spotify in the browser.
I installed Cydia and Jailbreak the device.
How can I install the Chrome app update version on that device?
Thank you advanced

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
First, you need to know the version of Chrome that's compatible with iOS 10.3.3.

Second, you'll want a tweak called AppStore++ by CokePokes: the tweak lets you choose an arbitrary version of an app as opposed to the stock iOS AppStore which won't allow downloading any other iteration than the latest one for your system, and this being possible only if you have it on your list of purchases. AppStore++ overrides both restrictions.

To get AppStore++ and download a preferred version of the app:

1. Add the repository at
  2. Search the Cydia Store for AppStore++ and go through the standard procedure of installing it.
  3. Open the iOS AppStore on your device, navigate to the app in question, and long-press Get or Download (the down-pointing arrow) whichever shows up. Note. If you have a previous copy of the app installed you must uninstall it first since AppStore++ doesn't overwrite existing files.
  4. Tap Upgrade/Downgrade. A list containing all available versions is pulled out. Tap the version you need and wait for it to complete the installation.
A caveat is that AppStore++ may not support iOS 10.3.3. Read the description carefully for the compatibility requirements.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.