How can I install the application to all users?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by piatti, Feb 4, 2012.

1. piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

I installed BetterTouchTool but I would have liked it to be installed on my other user on the iMac. How could I make installing an app install to all users and also import apps from other users?

Also.. I just completed backing up my MBP with time machine. I want to move it all to the iMac, and.. how can I move everything except the Snow Leopard part? Actually I think I seem to like the Snow Leopard better so far. It has better background pictures for instance, and I am not familiar with the Mission Control and how to use it. I really miss the Expose of the Leopard where bigger windows were bigger and all the windows fit into the screen like zigzag puzzle.

2. simsaladimbamba

If an installed or copied application resides in the Applications folder (Macintosh HD / Applications /), and no Parental Controls are limiting access to some or all applications inside the Applications folder, then USER A can open BetterTouchTool like USER B can too. Even USER F can do it.
    Or does that not work on your Mac?

Btw, Snow Leopard (10.6) introduced a more tidied Exposé. Leopard (10.5) is the one with the puzzled implementation of it.

3. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

ISs there a way to go back to the puzzled implementation without downgrading the OS?

How can I make all applications be in the application folder automatically instead of me having to move new apps to the applications folder?

4. simsaladimbamba