iPhone How can I install the new wwdc app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FatPuppy, Jun 3, 2013.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I am on ios 6.0.1 and the app requiers 6.1, how can I run it? There was something about changing a plist value with ifile to make the os think you are on a new version, can some one tell me how to do that ? Thanks!

2. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Instructions are from ios5 but still apply just change version numbers accordingly...

Step 1: Open up the iFile application on the device to gain access to the file structure. Alternatively, users can SSH into the jailbroken device using a program such as FileZilla or CyberDuck.

Step 2: Navigate to the following directory – ‘/System/Library/CoreServices‘.

Step 3: At the very bottom of the CoreServices directory there will be a file called ‘SystemVersion.plist‘. Open up this file up by selecting it and then tapping on ‘Text Viewer‘.

Step 4: At the bottom of the file is a line of text which reads ‘<string>5.0.1</string>‘. Edit the file using iFile, or a standard text editing package and amend the ’5.0.1′ to say ’5.1′. Note: If you are running an earlier version of iOS, the version number contained within the string tags will reflect that version.

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Thanks, you are the man!!

4. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Still not working, i've change the year, build number and i put the number 6.1.2 on ios version. Wwdc app still requiers 6.1.

5. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

https://developer.apple.com/register/index.action

You can just add developer abilities to your Apple ID in order to download it from the appstore, just go through the set-up process and at the end go to the appstore on an iDevice and go to 'Apps by Apple' then click on of them. Scroll down and press developer info and you'll see the app, if you're signed in to your developer ID

6. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

7. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

Didn't cost me anything

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

His problem is that the app isn't compatible with his current version of iOS.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It doesn't cost you to register as a developer. And it gives you access to developer tools.

It does however cost ($100) to get access to developer builds. You also need to sign paperwork.

10. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

But I am already a dev, I just can't use the app cause it requiers ios 6.1 and I heard that if I change the ios version number...stuff like that, I can use new apps on old ios.