Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenny1811

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Hey guys,

Ive been trying to jailbreak my 1G ipod and it's so difficult! Every time i make a customized restore .ipsw and try to restore it as that, it says " an unknown error has occurred." When i use Quickpwn, it says " waiting to run on iPod Touch" and then nothing happens. As for Pwnage tool, I get the customized IPSW but when i restore it using it, it says "an unknown error has occurred". Therefore, nothing is done. How can i jailbreak my 1g 2.1.1 ipod touch using a mac?

Thanks.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
You say you're running 2.1.1. The latest version of the software is 2.2.1. Maybe you should download the 2.2.1 update first and make the custom software out of that, as I believe that's what the current version of Pwnagetool requires.

Quick PWN has problems when jailbreaking 1G just upgrade to 2.0 for $10;)

If you read their post they say it's running 2.1.1, they've already upgraded to 2.0.

kenny1811

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
my iPod touch is using the 2.2.1 firmware and my macbook is using the 10.5.6 firmware. I believe they're both the latest versions.

kenny1811

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
thanks! it finally worked! Now that i have installed cydia, i tried installing some themes. However, it does not pop out or anything. When I'm finished downloading, it doesnt load on the screen or anything. :(

blackbelt534

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2008
thanks! it finally worked! Now that i have installed cydia, i tried installing some themes. However, it does not pop out or anything. When I'm finished downloading, it doesnt load on the screen or anything. :(

You need to download winterboard and apply the theme through it.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
they look really good. Unfortunately, i use an ipod touch, not an iphone.

If you use Last.fm I recommend 'scrobble'. It's an app that runs in the background and automatically scrobbles any music you listen to onto your Last.fm profile (pretty much the same as the desktop version). It's much better then the official desktop Last.fm app, which is very hit and miss when you connect your iPod into the computer; for me if I've listened to say, 10 tracks, it'll ask if I want to scrobble those to my profile, yet when I work really hard and listen to 200 tracks it just sits there as if nothing is connected, which annoys me :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.