How can I keep my MacBook Pro cooler?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sal Collaziano, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

I see a lot of 140F and 150F.. I keep my cover closed most of the time - using a 20 flat screen instead. Would it be okay to position a fan behind to cool it off? Any other suggestions?

Thank you....

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

A fan might help, as would doing something to allow more air to flow around the computer.

TEG

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

4. katejones macrumors regular

katejones

There are alot of laptop coolers/heatshields on the market that range from just plastic or special cloth to full on aluminum with fans. Zalman makes an impressive looking one that had good reviews if your looking for the top end of the market. It was about 70$ aud

5. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

6. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

I've got a fan bed for mine. It only set me back $15 (Australian) but you'd have to shop around. It's a generic one but it works fine. It's a fan. It spins. It's USB powered. It's not really worth forking out a lot of money on a brand-name one, IMO.

7. Sal Collaziano thread starter macrumors regular

The Raindesign iLap looks nice.. I have one of the other fans that sit beneath the notebook - but I didn't think it did anything.. I'll give it another try since a few people have suggested it...

Thanks for all the advice!