How can i know if my 7+ hissing?

clau30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Hello everybody,

I have a question since i bought my new at&t black matte 7+ from apple store. I heard that a lot of people are affected by the hissing/buzzing(whatever you want to call it) sound. Can you help me, to check if my phone has this problem too? When i put the phone with apple logo near my ear, i can hear some strange sounds (cant describe them). Its like the sound from a working hdd i guess. But that sound i can also hear on my old 6s , even louder than on 7+.

Is there another way to check the problem? I try to record a video in a silent room but i cant tell if there is a hissing sound on it,because its normally to hear some strange sounds when you record in a silent room and listen it with max volume.

Here is a link when recording a video in 4k. From sec 8, i put my finger on the speaker near the front camera.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
No hiss or any strange sounds on any of my iPhones,running silent since day one ( iPhone 7,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE)

Reactions: IronH4WK

clau30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Im worry because my phone gets hot too after 15-20mins of light use(fb,whatsapp,instagram)..Sometimes its a challenge to keep it in hand.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Im worry because my phone gets hot too after 15-20mins of light use(fb,whatsapp,instagram)..Sometimes its a challenge to keep it in hand.
That noise, or lack of for the first 7 seconds is white noise from what I can tell.

The hot phone is a different issue. Did you install a backup? If so, maybe restore phone to new and see if it still gets hot. You could have an issue in your backup.

Reactions: clau30

clau30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
the sound from my video is white noise?

I set it up as a new iphone after purchase(1 week ago), so no backup. I restored it about an hour ago, so lets see how it behaves.

itsray

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2016
like someone else said above. its probably something when you restored from a back up. it happened to me before, my phone would get so hot i couldn't hold it. i did a DFU restore, and set it up as new (do not restore from a backup), logged into iCloud so i can get my contacts, and photos in iCloud and re downloaded the apps i wanted again from the purchased section and it was fine again. what you'll lose is your texts and app data.
[doublepost=1477790106][/doublepost]
the sound from my video is white noise?

I set it up as a new iphone after purchase(1 week ago), so no backup. I restored it about an hour ago, so lets see how it behaves.
it also sounded like white noise to me. DFU restore and plug it into your computer and redownload ios.

Reactions: clau30

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Uhm...yeah...if it's hissing, it's hissing. If it's not, then it isn't.

Why ask a random Internet forum about your phone?!?

clau30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
my big problem is not that with hissing but with how much my 7+ warm. I think they are related or i dont know. im just upset of how it gets hot even under light use.