How can I listen to my Sirius satellite radio account online?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozziegn, Oct 21, 2007.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I have Sirius radio in my car and that also allows me to listen to their programming online through my acct. the only problem is that the player wants to open it as a Windows Media file.

what program could I use to listen to this through my Mac? someone told me VLC would work great, but I don't see how it can automatically open the player when I log in to my Sirius account?

2. Zianac macrumors member

3. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

thanks for the link, but it didn't work. I tried the program and it didn't do anything.

anyone else?

4. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

This is where I listen in Canada. I assume the country you live in has its own equivalent. Just to go your Sirius home page and click on the link to listen live.

5. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

i tried that, but the music player doesn't do anything. it's like the Mac OS doesn't know how or what to open the music player link with.

6. Zianac macrumors member

That website I gave you... they have their own forum... It might be alot easier to ask a question in there and expect a good answer :)

7. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

If the online player is trying to open a Windows Media stream, then you could install flip4mac.