How can I make a specific URL a top site on Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siderz, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Siderz, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014

Siderz macrumors 6502a

YouTube for some silly reasons always defaults to "What to watch", I never want to go there, I only want to go to my subscriptions. So I've been trying to type in "youtube.com/feed/subscriptions" loads of times to get it to be at the very top, but no matter how much I try, Safari always wants just "youtube.com" even though I've never actually visited that, I've only ever visited the specific subscriptions page.

I also pinned that page to the Top Sites page and yet it still doesn't do it. See the screenshot, I have to type in "yo" (To start the URL) then press the down key to get to the subscriptions. It never leaves the second top site.

Also, doesn't it kind of defeat the point of YouTube by telling you what to watch?! Silly Google! The whole point is that I choose what to watch! Don't tell me what to do!

Edit: OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

I could do it in Safari 6.0.4 on OS X 10.8.3 via going to that site, pressing CMD+D and selecting the appropriate location for the bookmark.

[​IMG]

3. Siderz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't do it for me, as I've said it's already pinned to the Top Sites page.

OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

Attached Files: