How can I make adult swim style bumps in iMovie?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Yea Ok Wali, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Yea Ok Wali macrumors newbie

I created a promotional "vid" if you could call it that akin to the bumps on adult swim, as part of the promo campaign for an EP release. If your not familar with Adult Swim or their bumps here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUQ-AZFZkg I did a slideshow using preview, and I am very please with my results. However I want to know how this would be done in iMovie with non moving text. I played around with it on my own, and noticed iMovie was doing things like zooming in and out on the text, panning, etc....I don't want the text to move at all for the duration of the video.

Thanks,

Also I'm using iMovie 09

2. RebootD macrumors 6502a

RebootD

What you need is a program called MOTION which just got released on the Mac App store.

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

These are just simple text titles. You should be able to turn off the motion settings in iMovie.

4. Yea Ok Wali thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool I'll definitely take a look at it.

5. Yea Ok Wali thread starter macrumors newbie

There's a motion setting? How do I turn it off?

6. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Does that have anything to do with Ken Burns effect? I'm still learning iMovie through some video tutorials I bought but from what you are describing, it sounds like what the KB effect does (panning, zooming on pictures).

I don't think you need $50 Motion for this.

edit: if that doesn't work, you probably could get away with using Keynote and then importing to iMovie.

7. Yea Ok Wali thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought that might have been it, but then again I don't think I had that effect enabled unless its placed on pictures automatically. I haven't looked into motion yet. Where would I find keynote on the mac?

8. cgbier macrumors 6502a

You'll find Keynote either as part of iWorks at a reseller or as single app on the App Store.

It'll be the perfect tool for your endeavor. You'll even be able to export your presentation to a .mov file.
    Ever used Power Point? If yes, then you should be able to get started with Keynote pretty quick (and amazed how simple it is to get some amazing presentation out with it).

9. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

As mentioned above, it's on the Mac App Store. $20 but worth more than that, in my opinion.

Whenever you get your project done, post a link here I'd be interested to see how it turns out. Good luck!

10. Yea Ok Wali thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahhhhh I see cool I'll look into it, and post a link when I'm done.

Thanks.