How can I make audio output through different outputs for different applications?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sk8mash, May 17, 2009.

1. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Title pretty much says it. I think there was an app for Tiger that did this called Detour, but I can't find anything for Leopard...anyone know of anything?

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

have you tried researching soundflower?? If i remember correctly it can do that kinda stuff quite easily.

its opensource- thus free and quite cool. It has support for 5.1 provided that you have a soundcard that can do that as well!

Hope that helps :)

PTP

3. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Thanks for the help, but I don't think that would work for what I want to do.

Let me explain my situation. I have a video camera connected to my iMac via firewire, and that is going into a video surveillance app called EvoCam. In this I have it set up to play a sound when it detects motion. It is pointing at my lawn, and I want to use it to scare away foxes from eating my pet chickens. I want the sound from EvoCam to go to speakers out of the line out on my iMac. Meanwhile I want everything else to go through my Bose speakers (which are connected via USB).

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Well the only FREE sound applications I know of are SoundSource & LineIn. They are probably not what you are looking for.

5. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

In that case you might be able to use the bose Speakers USB connection directly. I cant personally help you, but just recommend you software to try. Unless someone on here has a very similar setup to you.

Sorry i cant be more help!

:)
    PTP

6. sk8mash thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Ok thanks anyway. Im still open to ideas if anyone has anything. I don't mind paying for an app!

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant