How can I make Christmas Songs Hidden Until Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by superbungalow, Feb 25, 2009.

1. superbungalow macrumors member

This is very annoying. I added a bunch of Christmas songs to iTunes last year, and enjoyed some festive music through the Christmas period. Now, however, it is February. Is there anyway I can make these just not sync to my iPod or hide, until Christmas. I'm fairly sure there's no built in way in iTunes to do this, so a hack would be fine. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You could uncheck the songs, this way iTunes won't play them and there is a preference not to sync unchecked songs IIRC.

3. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Bingo - this is what I do. The only downside (and please someone correct me if I am wrong, I hope I am...) is that it takes a long time to check/uncheck each song, esp when you have hundreds of them. I wish there was a way to batch check/uncheck.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Show all christmas songs and CMD-click on one of the checkboxes, this will un-check all of them. :)

5. leumluath macrumors member

Make a playlist of Christmas songs. Synch music, and selected playlists, then uncheck the playlist until Christmas.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Have all the xmas songs with the same genre, say Xmas. Make a smart playlist where all songs are genre xmas. Don't sync that playlist.

7. synagence macrumors 6502a

Either use Genre as a marker or add a comment to all your xmas songs then make smart playlist with comment and then uncheck all at once

8. duncanapple macrumors 6502

Thank you! I even thought I had tried this - I guess not! Like I said, I am glad I was wrong :)

9. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Select songs -> Right-click and Uncheck Selection (will turn into Check Selection if they're unchecked):

_Skjermbilde 2.jpg