How can I make my logic board last a long time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mossme89, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

I just got my MacBook repaired with a new logic board and other components through Apple's Depot repair center. The previous logic board lasted 4 years, but I thought it would last longer considering the price I paid for the computer. I'm not sure if this could have contributed to the failure, but about 6 months ago, I stopped turning off my computer and just shut the lid. And it was on for at least 8 hours a day.

Anyway I'm looking for tips to have my new logic board last a long time? Like what I should do.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I haven't shut off my computer since I bought it 18 months ago, my 2006 MBP wasn't shut off for more than 30 minutes in 6 years. Don't spill water on it and you'll be fine.

3. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Honestly, you should be asking what you *shouldn't* do.. You probably got a bad board to begin with- you probably weren't subjecting it to any unintended operating environments.

That being said, avoid *exteme* heat, liquids, dust and sand exposure.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Shutting the lid isn't the problem. As stated above it was probable a defective part unless you know for a fact otherwise. Nothing special needs to be done.

Price is just price. It doesn't mean anything else. Stuff fails and there are lemons at all price points.