How can I make space of leopard simple?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by feyn-man, Nov 8, 2007.

1. feyn-man macrumors regular

I know it's more gorgeous than linux. But I just want to switch space by only one mouse click, instead of a keyboard action with both hands.

how can I set that?

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

The little icon on the menu bar only needs one click. Just hold down the mouse button when you select it and drag to the number that you want, release the mouse button. Is that easy enough? Although you could use two clicks if you want. ;)

3. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

i'm sorry. But......., it's really not easy enough. You know I have not a mouse now of my macbook. What I need is just one single click. A drag action is totally hard.

4. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I suppose that you are stuck with Ctl-1, Ctl-2, etc - or Ctl-arrowkey. If you're on a laptop, the your hands are right there. Sorry, can't think on much else for you, unless hotspots will do this. I never use them.

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

If you have a mouse with more than two buttons you can set spaces to activate for one of the buttons. It takes you to the expose like view where you can pick your space. I realize that is two clicks but but they are fast and the mouse doesn't have to be anywhere precise.

6. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

99% of the time or more when I switch spaces it's by changing app focus. I click on the icon in the Dock of the app I want and the space changes. Or CMD+Tab, but I never really do the ctrl+1 or ctrl+arrow or use the menulet even though I have it active.

7. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

In fact, what I want is a space just like in linux.
    If you guys have used a linux xwindow, such as gnome or KDE or even CDE of solaris, you will know what I said.
    Maybe this way is not that amazing like leopard, but is pratical. I think that is the reason why linux xwindows never change it for so many years.

8. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

You're referring to the way you can see all of your spaces in the Linux toolbars and just click the one you want once to go to it. I understand that, but we're saying currently there is nothing like that natively, but you can hope a third party app comes along that can do that or ask Apple directly for that function via their feedback page. We're just trying to give alternative solutions.

9. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's what I want to say.
    But I don't know there is a feedback page. :(

10. BobZune macrumors 6502a

There is space.app (sourceforge.net) that works with one click (not on toolbar as for as I know, but you can make translucent floating windows on every desktop). You can try it out even if it is not as full featured as Spaces.

11. unity macrumors 6502a

A click of the center scroll button (remember, its a third button too) and I instantly get all my spaces in front of me. Thats as close as I can get.

12. roblogic macrumors newbie

I have a hot corner for the show all spaces function. Flick the mouse to the corner, all spaces come up, click on the one you want to go to. There's your one click.

13. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well there is something like that

Picture 3.png

System Prefs - Expose & Spaces - Spaces - Show Spaces in Menubar

14. NJPitcher macrumors regular

I just have the lower left corner activate the spaces expose thing, so that I see all of my spaces...I don't get how it gets much simpler?

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Check my sig.