How can i make sure my 1.02 iPhone unlocked never updates to 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eric Lewis, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

When you connect your phone to iTunes, it will show a message asking if you want to update. Just say no. Easy as that. Don't worry, it will not magically update on it's own.;)

3. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

is there a way to disable it

4. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

You can check the checkbox that says "Don't show this message again" and you forget about it.

5. spinstorm macrumors 65816

It has to download the firmware for 1.1.1 to update it.

When you press update the first time it downloads the firmware BEFORE it updates so you get a few minutes at least between the download and update starting.

I would simply delete any downloaded firmware if you have any - and if you don't then like I said you have a bit of time before the actual update starts so i wouldn't worry!

6. aerospace macrumors 6502a

what i did...tell your firewall to not allow itunes net access. if you need to buy a song you can easily switch it back for a few minutes.

7. spinstorm macrumors 65816

ok so thats a good method:

stop itunes connecting to the internet!

If you have the firmware already delete it - that way it will never be able to update even if you press the button by mistake.

If you decide to use itunes then allow it through the firewall when the phone is NOT connected, then stop it connecting and then plug the phone back in.

Good idea!