How can I mirror my Macbook Air to my Windows 8 PC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by shivam2255, Dec 3, 2014.

1. shivam2255 macrumors newbie

I want to Mirror my Macbook Air to my Windows 8 PC, as I want big screen viewing.

How can I do that? I mean which recommended application I've to use on both machines?

2. Garsun macrumors regular

Garsun

Apple uses Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) to remotely access OS X so you would have to find a windows program that can use that protocol. Google is your friend :D

Alternately you can try a VNC client to do the same type of thing.

Last but not least you could just plug your PCs monitor directly into the MBA.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

TeamViewer.

4. shivam2255 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried Air Parrot and Reflector for the same, but somehow it's not working (making connection between two device)... don't know why...

Plugging into MBA would be an option, but then I've to get thunderbolt to DVI and then other necessary cables (don't know exactly which one thought).

Can you recommend VNC Client for the same? That'd be of much help :)

----------

I'm not looking for "Sharing" but "Mirroring" my screen. So, teamviewer can't be used for that :)

Think of extending the MBA Screen to Windows based Laptop :)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't extend OS X screens onto Windows, but TeamViewer certainly can enable you to display your OS X screen on your Windows computer.

6. shivam2255 thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad! Yes, Team Viewer can be used, but then you can imagine the sluggishness I've to bear.

Is there any other VNC or any application like Air Parrot for the same?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer extensively and have for many years. I rarely notice any sluggishness and it's always due to slow internet connections, when connecting to a computer in another state. You won't see sluggishness in your application. It's free and a good solution, so it won't cost you anything to try it.

8. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Why not just get an adapter and plug the monitor in directly? That will give your maximum compatibility and speed. Since I don't know what your monitor has, I don't know what you would need. But I got a thunderbolt to DVI adapter at Best Buy that works perfectly with both an old Apple Cinema Display and the Dell monitor from my Windows machine.